WRITE ME!!!

WRITE ME!!!
Click on the envelope and it will take you to this awesome site that will print and send Jon the letters absolutely FREE! All you have to do is type it up, press send and then it prints it off and Jon gets asap. He loves the letters and needs the love. Make sure that you send it to PERU LIMA EAST. Thanks everyone!!!

This is close, give or take a few days :). Chow!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 August 2010--Yo amo Peru!

Wow, I'm kind of in shock right now realizing that I only have 8 days left!!  We have been in trainings since yesterday morning with Presidente Leyva, and I am just realizing that I am going to miss the mission so much.  We are learning a lot of new things that are going to help missionary work here in the mission a ton.  I just am happy that I have another week to be practicing a few of these things.  The time has really passed so quickly lately I can not believe it.  There are just so many people that I absolutely love here in Peru, it is really going to be hard to leave them.  Its all good though, I guess thats just how the mission is. 
 
This last week was absolutely amazing though.  Saturday we had 4 baptisms.  The Portocarrero family, and Yuriko.  It was really an amazing baptismal service, and they all shared very powerful testimonies.  Aldo, Gloria, and Junior took us out to eat "Pollo a la brasa" ,chicken with french fries, after the baptism and they were just so happy for their baptism.  This family is one of the best families I have taught in the mission.  We really have had an amazing experience with them.  The first time we taught them instead of teaching the first lesson we decided to watch a little movie, "Together Forever", and I swear the whole family was crying they were so happy.  They were in church the next day, and they have been completely faithful since.  It was just so great to see them baptized Saturday.  They are already planning for the temple next year, and I would really love to come down on vacation to see them sealed in the temple.  They are just an awesome family.  Yuriko is the neise of our pensionista, and she is awesome too.  Her whole family are Catholics and they weren't really supportive of her decision, but she knows that this church is true, and decided to be baptized anyway.  She really has a ton of faith, and she even told us she wants to be a missionary.  I don't know if she is going to make it to that though, the young man who baptized her is a return missionary, and I think there might be something going on there :) 
 
We did a fast as a zone to try to reach our goals this month of August, and we recieved so many blessings.  An investigator that we had left because he wasn't progressing well came to the baptism, and just told us that he was ready to be baptized!!  Wow, we were so happy, and he said he wants me to be his 'Padrino'.  We are going to be preparing him, and hopefully he can be baptized in this next week before I take off.  We'll see what happens. 
 
Huancayo has seriously been the best area that I have been in, and I'm going to miss it a ton.  Its been the best working here with Elder Hurtado and all of the Elders and hermanas in the zone, and its going to be hard leaving them, but I guess thats just how it goes. 
 
Thanks for the e'mail mom, I think I might need to buy a few cloths when I get back, but other than that I should be good to go.  I'm so excited to see you guys soon, and am so happy to here all of the success everyone has been having.  Its going to be great, and when I get home we all need to go eat at Chukarama or something like that.  Its going to be sweet to chill with BJ again too.  Love you guys, and can't wait to see everyone!! 
 
Love,
 
Elder Lee
 
The pictures are of the baptism of Aldo, Gloria, Jr, and Yuriko.  Making Leche Asada, and a zone activity we did last Monday
 
Wow you are not going to believe it, but since they operated me we have had two more missionaries that have been operated here in Huancayo with apendicitis!!  Elder Marsden in our zone just got operated Sunday.  I don't know whats going on, but President jokingly told me that i am contagous or something.  Pretty cracy, but everyone is good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment